Wednesday, July 23, 2008

#35 Anxiety Running-a-Muck

I can’t believe the things that are making me anxious these days.
I have this permanent knot in my stomach.

The weather scares me; the passage of time worries me.
I got upset because the garbage can was full.
I had a meltdown because the price of cat food went up.
I grow frightened when the bus doesn’t come right away.

I guess it is a free-floating anxiety that will attach itself to anything in my environment.
I will be almost asleep and suddenly I am kicked in the gut by some random thought…
“What if…”

There seem to be a thousand calamities just waiting to befall me or someone I care about. Everywhere there are accidents waiting to happen. There are catastrophes lining up in front of me.

I need for this fear to stop before it becomes a firestorm and I end up injuring myself.
But even more important, I really wish this panic would subside because it is starting to annoy other people.

No comments: