Thursday, June 5, 2008

#10 I Don't So Much Live...

I don't so much live in the moment but I feel in the moment.

Much of the time, I am “living” somewhere other than where my body happens to be. I could be in the next room. I could be stuck in the past. I could be safely floating in outer space.

But my “feelings” live in the moment. Emotions flood my body, seemingly at random. They flow fiercely through me, triggered by ‘god only knows what.’

A little frustration can mushroom into rage; a hint of sadness becomes despair; nervousness erupts into panic mode. Most of the time, I don’t understand why and, later, I cannot explain what happened.
I may not be living in the moment, but my emotions are tuned in to everything that is going on around me. Suddenly I have to come back and deal with this catastrophe, with barely a clue as to what is the real cause of it.

No comments: