Sunday, June 1, 2008

#7 It's all up to me!

Within a space of an hour this morning, in three different ways, I faced up to my responsibilities in the world.

It began with a panicked reaction to an invasion of a place I was visiting. I was wracking my brain about what to do to keep the other people safe. Then I overheard the person, who is actually in charge, taking care of it.
When I calmed down, I went to see some people I barely know to tell them about an event I am involved with. They already knew about it from several other sources. My worry that, I alone, am able to get the word out, to make it a success, suddenly seemed greatly misplaced.
Finally, I heard Psalm 46 read: “Be still, and know that I am God.”

You’re kidding! It isn’t me, Rylee, who has to fix everything? Isn’t it my job to keep everyone safe? Isn’t it my responsibility to be in control of absolutely everything?

When did that happen? I missed the meeting! I didn’t get the memo!
If I worry constantly (24/7, for most of my life), bad things almost never happen. Ergo, my worrying is keeping bad things from happening!
I don't think I should give it up!

No comments: