Thursday, June 5, 2008

#11 They Say I Am Too Sensitive

Do you think that you can tell, instantly, when someone is in a bad mood?

The minute that I see someone, I get a sense of their mood. They say that I am too sensitive.
(I believe they mean sensitive like a two year old!) I am often paralyzed into silence by that first impression. I will withdraw in fear, which, sometimes, puts the other person into a bad mood if they weren't already.

But if I ignore my concern and carry on - trying to start an interesting or entertaining conversation - so often the response is negative, thus confirming my earlier feeling.

I don't know if I am reading body language or facial expressions or if there is something more to it. But I do know that it would be better if I just turned around and went home, rather than suffer the fallout of another person's pissy mood.

No comments: